Penn Hills Athletics
we are one phamily
Announcements and Important Events
Are you planning to attend the WPIAL Boys' Basketball Championship game on Thursday, March 2? Below is all the info you need to know about tickets, parking, signs, bag policy, seating, and more!
SESSION 1 - Thursday, March 2, 2023
5:00 PM – 1A Boys Imani Christian Acad (HOME) vs Union (AWAY)
7:00 PM – 2A Girls Shenango (HOME) vs Freedom (AWAY)
9:00 PM – 5A Boys Peters Twp (HOME) vs Penn Hills (AWAY)
- Upon entering the Petersen Events Center, guests will undergo appropriate security-based screening. These procedures help ensure all guests have a safe and enjoyable event experience.
- The Petersen Events Center has a recommended/encouraged CLEAR BAG POLICY.
- Only small personal bags (i.e. purses, baby or diaper, etc.) will be permitted inside the Petersen Events Center. These items will be searched upon entering.
- Bags larger than 12" x 12" x 6" are not permitted.
- iPads are permitted
In addition, the follow items are not permitted inside the Petersen Events Center:
- Coolers, backpacks and sealed packages (including gifts for athletes and/or performers)
- Food or Beverage, with the exception of special medical needs
- Cans, bottles, glass or other similar containers
- Video, audio, professional cameras, recording device, tripods and bipods are strictly prohibited in the building.
- For all other events, camera policies may vary. Please phone 412-648-3054 closer to the event date for the latest information.
- Air horns or noisemakers
- Weapons of any kind
- Spiked or studded jewelry and belts
- Selfie Sticks
- Pepper Spray or Mace
- Laser Pointers
- Go Pros
- Animals, except for those performing disabled service duty
- Electronic Cigarettes cannot be used inside the building
- Signs, banners, flags, posters or any other item that:
- obstructs the view
- deemed offensive
- pose a danger or a possible security risk
- No Flags larger than 3' x 2'
- No Poles/Sticks for flags or signs
Petersen Events Center management reserves the right to make the final determination on prohibited items. In the event that the prohibited items are revealed in a search, guests will be asked to dispose of the items or return them to their cars before re-entering the building.
All tickets at the gate will be GENERAL ADMISSION for $10.00 plus fees (no student tickets are available) and RESERVE SEATING tickets will be $20.00. Pre-K children will be admitted free of charge with an adult. All presale tickets should be purchased through Ticketmaster at the links below:
Tickets can also be purchased IN ADVANCE at the Petersen Events Center BOX OFFICE (upper concourse level) on Wednesday, March 1st from 10:00am-4:00pm.
All fans entering must purchase a gate ticket, have an electronic ticket, have a Ticketmaster pre-purchased printed ticket,or a 2022-2023 WPIAL Courtesy Pass. Pre-K are admitted free with adult.
Session 1 – Thursday 4:00 PM
The arena will be split into two halves. Teams designated as home teams (higher seeded team) will occupy seats in sections 102–113 (Peters Township fans) and teams designated as visiting teams (lower seeded team) will occupy seats in sections 115–126 (PENN HILLS FANS).
NOISEMAKERS / ATTIRE
Noisemakers (air horns, cowbells, plastic milk cartons with coins, etc.) are prohibited. No flags on poles OR GLITTER are permitted. Fans that bring these items to the gate will be turned away. If any of these items are discovered after gate entry, they will be confiscated. The Principal and/or Athletic Director will be responsible for policing this. ALL FANS IN ATTENDANCE MUST WEAR FULL LENGTH SHIRTS AT ALL TIMES AND CANNOT HAVE THEIR FACES COVERED WITH EITHER COSTUME MASKS OR PAINT.
Signs are permitted so long as they are in good taste and do not obstruct other’s view. The Principal is responsible for enforcing this policy.
PROGRAMS & SHIRTS
Digital Programs for the 2023 WPIAL Basketball Championships will be available via the WPIAL Website at: www.wpial.com . WPIAL Souvenir Shirts will be available for purchase online at: https://proknitwear.com/wpial-winter-championships-2023/
Spectator parking will be available in the OC Lot on Allequippa Street on Thursday, Friday and Saturday – Parking Fees as posted. Handicapped drop-off areas` will be located at the corner of Allequippa and Sutherland Dr. Handicap Accessible parking is available in the lot diagonal from the Petersen Events Center on Terrace Street with placard.
HSSN will produce and video stream the WPIAL’s 2023 Basketball Championship games live http://tribhssn.triblive.com/ and archived.